Cypress (estimated population: 147,984) was a small town until just a few decades ago. As recently as the 1980s, Cypress was only a rural suburb of Houston with a population in the double-digits. Once more businesses and homes were developed in the 1990s, more and more residents began moving to Cypress, making it the large community it is today.
Cypress now offers education and jobs to tens of thousands of people. The Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District is one of the fastest-growing school districts in the country and the third-largest in Texas. Residents of the area have a higher average income than most in the nation.
- Average household income: $125,698
- Number of active high schools: 12
- Number of active junior high schools: 18
- Number of active elementary schools: 56
Sights to see:
- The Boardwalk at Towne Lake
- Cypress Top Historic Park
- Zube Park